Whether you enjoyed the Purpose Driven life, or despised it, this book from Tom Holladay - a pastor at Saddleback- is an easy read filled with practical lessons. It offers nuggets of wisdom found in the interactions Jesus had with the people in his life, encouraging the reader focus on what is truly important - people.
6 weeks focused on:
- Placing the highest value on relationships.
- Loving as Jesus loves you.
- Communicating from the heart.
- Judgement - As you judge, you will be judged.
- Servants as the greatest.
- Treating others as you want them to treat you.
All areas that I need to be reminded about, often.
It would be a great group study since he provides discussion questions in the back of the book. I often pass my books along, but I already feel like this is re-readable because of the applicable content. I am adding it to the library.
(And just so you know - I didn't get anything for this positive review. I just liked the book and thought you might, too.)